Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Windows won

Out of desperation I loaded Windows XP on Lula's machine to see if it would work with the wifi card. It does. Now I know that the card and the software I downloaded for it are good. It just won't work with Windows 98 because it requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or later.
I bought another wifi card that says it will work with 98. It set me back $32. I'll have to ask Lula if she will spring for it. For such an old machine that is a lot of money.
I think I'll try to load Mandriva Linux and see if the new card will work with it. That would save having to load Open Office and Mozilla from a wifi connection. It would also work better and avoid viruses.
I selected new lottery numbers today. I used my new pendulem. They are: 12,16,34,43,53. The powerplay number is 16. I think the payout is high since a lot of people seemed to be playing.
Like I've said before I've never won anything with these numbers yet.
I couldn't get the new Ubuntu update to work because it presumes that you have a working internet connection when you first boot up. It runs a boot routine and goes straight to the website. Unfortunatly it doesn't give my laptop time to get connected to the wifi server. I'll have to see if I can upgrade the old way. I think I tried that and it didn't work. I just tried it again and had no success.
That's all for now.

No comments: