Monday, June 1, 2009

Not the flue

I went to the county health nurse because I was concerned about the aches and pains I was having in my chest. She told me that at this time of year a lot of people come down with colds. It makes sense, I had the air conditioner on in the car all the way from Iowa City. I probably got chilled. I had the feeling that I was making a lot to do over nothing, and now it is confirmed. I don't feel good enough to mow the lawn, however. It's supposed to rain tomorrow so it might not get done for a while.
I tried to mount Alice's wifi card on my machine. I found a driver for Windows 95 and I loaded Ndiswrapper on my machine. It didn't work. She'll have to buy a new wifi module. That's $32.00. Too bad.
I didn't get much done today. Just swatted flies and waited for my pension check, which didn't show. Maybe tomorrow I can get the car fixed. It's going to be costly. Dan hasn't even given me an estimate. That's got to be bad.
GM went bankrupt today. So far, the bonds have kept what little value they have. I'm just going to ride it out and hope that the judge sees things in a way that favors the bondholders.
That's it for now.

No comments: