Thursday, September 30, 2010

Trouble with E-Trade

I had a problem with E-Trade today. It was charging me for trades that I didn't make. For a while it looked like I owed them $319 for bonds that haven't had any value for the last year or two. I called them and they said that they would have it straightened out at the start of trading, tomorrow.
It's been an interesting day of trading. I was up by $150 at the start of trading. Then it went down to where I was down by over $200. Its been coming back so I think I'll be alright at the end of the day. I saw what looks like an inverted head and shoulders pattern on several charts. That should foretell a big upside potential for the rest of the day or maybe tomorrow.
The beginning of the day was driven by good jobs figures. At least, it wasn't as bad as it has been. I don't know why it went down during the middle of the day.
I now hold Caterpiller, Cognex, Ford, Freeport Mcmoran, Lazzard, Microchip, 3M, Nvidia, and Red Hat.
I recently sold A T&T because of something I heard on CNBC about Verizon getting Apple phones and that A T&T customers being ready to switch when Verizon got the Apple phones. I also bought some silver options.
Well the markets are about to close and I have to go to a WRAP meeting soon. That stands for Wellness and Recovery Action Plan. It's a support group that I go to every Thursday.
I checked my account balance and it shows me as being up by about $500, today. That's a mistake but I can hope that they start valuing my bonds instead of showing them as worthless.
Later,
Craig

No comments: