Sunday, June 24, 2012

Warm Sunday at the Co-op

It's a warm day and I'm just hanging out at the Co-op.
I had mixed results from trading last week. I started off with a winning option on Whole foods. On Wednesday Red Hat reported earnings after the close. I took a chance and bought 95 shares before they reported. It was a mistake. Even though they beat the earnings the (whisper) number was even higher. The stocks went down and I sat on them Thursday and Friday and made back over half of what I was out on Wednesday.
This week I'll still be tempted to trade oil options. It seems to be in a down trend. Friday it went up because of a hurricane brewing up in the Gulf of Mexico. That will hit Thursday. I'll be tempted to buy 2 call options and 2 put options. If I remember right that is called a straddle. The idea is that you know that the stock is going to move hard but you don't know which way. One side will expire worthless but the other will make a lot of money. I might just sit on my Red Hat stock and wait until after Thursday to do anything.There's no hurry. In keeping with my (buy on Monday and sell on Tuesday) plan, I'll probably sell my stocks on Tuesday. I could buy some cheap options that only last a day or two on Wednesday. Such short-term options seem risky to me but they should be cheap.
I'm still trying to find a way to move my etchings. I did a Google search on art galleries in Rochester, MN. I found 3 that I'll call on Monday. I think my best bet is to expand my search to Minneapolis, and Chicago. I think I'll find the right galleries in the larger cities. The small towns seem to have regional galleries that display local artists works. I'm looking for a commercial gallery, not a community project. Mary suggested that I look into displaying them at an antique store. They are a few years old and they are of representations of old things so that might work. I'll have to find the right antique store.
I took down the pictures of my etchings, from my blog, because I was worried about copyright issues. They are really nice and are by an artist named Malcolm Childers.
That's all for now.

No comments: