Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New Job

Next week, some time, I start my new job. I'll be an IT tech for the Peace and Justice Center in Decorah. I won't actually be an employee because I'm counted as being a participant in a program which gets a government grant. It's called Experience Works. I'll have to buy some books on networking. I hope that I'll be able to use Linux, since that is where my expertise is. I networked my home computers about 10 years ago so I'm not a complete newbie.
I picked up my etching that was framed today. I took it to Java Johns and swapped it for the etching of the wagon. I told Mary to lower the price of the etchings to $500. I spent about $187 for framing them alone. I'm still asking $1000 for the etching of the plane.
Tomorrow it's supposed to snow. Apparently it will snow all day. I'll be shoveling at Java Johns. For the next 2 or 3 weeks I might have to shovel before 10 and after 3 since I'll be working for 4 hrs. a day at the Peace and Justice Center.
I've got 3 laptops that are waiting for displays. I bought another one today. It is coming with an extra battery and an extra ac adapter. It also will have install disks for Macintosh software and an adapter for the monitor. I need all of those things so I spent $51 to get the package. I hope that the software is for OS 10.5.8 because that will stream video and audio with Flashplayer. If it's the right software I might be able to get the video to stream on all of my old Ibooks.
I need to make a list of things to buy when I have money. I need a nice pair of shoes, for instance. I won't be able to go to the food pantry at the church because I'll be working at the time that they are opened. I'll have to check on that because, if they are opened until 3:30, I ought to be able to get there in time.
The keyboard on this laptop has a problem with the K key. sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I can't afford to replace it. If I give the computer away whoever gets it will have to live with it or spend some money to replace it.
That's all for now. I might come back tomorrow while I'm waiting for more snow at Java Johns.
Later

No comments: