Monday, March 11, 2013

Bought the wrong hard drive

It's a snowy day in Decorah. I made some money, this morning, shoveling snow. It didn't interfere with my job at the Peace and Justice Center. I'm working there, on a part time basis, to learn about IT work.
Anyway, while there, I got into looking for a newer operating system for an old IMac that they have. I went home and got on EBay. I ended up looking at hard drives that had an operating system pre-installed. I got to thinking about my worst old Ibook G4. I can't load an operating system because the plug for the CD player is broken. I tried using firewire but that didn't work. So I bought the hard drive. Only after I payed for it did I notice that it is a 3 1/2 inch drive. The Ibook takes a 2 1/2 inch drive. That makes it useful for a desktop only. Maybe I can install it in the old IMac. We'll see.
Other than I'm spending too much money at the new job, it is going well. I spent $30 last week for a firewire cable. I can use that at home as well as at work but I couldn't get the operating systems to work. I think it might be that Macintosh simply rejects anything that isn't a Macintosh operating system. I know that it's that way with the flash drives. I'll have to try loading some of the old Macintosh operating systems on my home computer. That might work.
Culver's is loading me up with free coupons. Each time I come in they give me a coupon that I have to take a survey with. Then I get free ice cream the next time I come. I'm a sucker for free things. I'm going to get very fat. Not only do I eat the ice cream but I end up ordering something else as well. I guess that I don't want to look like the cheap skate that I really am. Anyway, tonight I had chile french fries as well as ice cream.
Tomorrow it is supposed to snow again. The last weather report I saw had it snowing from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. That may mess me up with the job at Peace and Justice. The snow that came down today melted as fast as it came down. I only had to deal with the snow that came overnight. That was bad enough. It was wet and heavy. I doubt that tomorrow's snow will amount to anything but I've been wrong before.
Well, I've got a survey to fill out.
Later

No comments: