Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Week Later

It's a week after my last post. I said that I was going to buy puts on the SLV ETF. I did and the first day I was ahead by about $150 on a $200 investment. After that it went down. After two days of collapsing the metals prices stabilized. I was late getting into the trade. If I had bought the puts on the Friday that the collapse started I could have made thousands of dollars. As it was I was too late. It moved in China too much for me to take advantage of it here.
The lesson was to have some money in my Etrade account to always be ready for a big move. A couple of hundred in reserve can make a big difference. I now don't know which way the markets will move.
That move last week might represent the deflation that happens before the hyper-inflation, that people are expecting.
I watched a lot of truly negative videos about the coming currency collapse, last week. I think they are right. The dollar is worthless and we'll go into hyper-inflation soon.
I feel a need to position myself to be better prepared for it. I talked with Jim about buying his land. I think I could afford it with my income from the Peace and Justice Center. I should try to partner with Jim in building a house there.
I don't know what else I can do. Poverty is the big obstacle. Maybe I could make money in a leveraged manner while the currency is going down. The trouble with that is that I would still be in the dollar.
I was thinking about prospecting for gold. The trouble with that is that it would cost money.
I've been spending too much money on my new computer. It's a Nook by Barnes and Noble. I'm finding myself buying apps for it and they sneak in charging me for them when I don't know that they cost money. The Nook has been a big mistake. I bought an operating system on a memory card for it. It worked for about a week then it froze up. I tried erasing it on the desktop but much of it was write-protected. I'll take it to Radio Shack and see if they can erase it.
I had a money-making idea last week. I noticed how the Peace and Justice Center has regular donations on a monthly basis. I figured that if they can get people to donate year after year and they increase their donor list on a regular basis, it could really add up. I was thinking I could do something similar with dental care for poor people.
My experience with poverty has shown me that dental care is something that is grossly overlooked in caring for the poor. It's hard to get free dental care and people need it. I could start a charity and get people to donate on a monthly basis. In a few years, if I took 10% for overhead, I could support myself quite well. I'll have to ask a few people about getting this off the ground.
That's all for now.
Later.

No comments: