Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Keyboard

Well, I got my new keyboard for the Nook. It's taking some getting used to. It's better than the screen, but I'm still not completely happy with it. A genuine laptop is better to type with. At least I don't have to hunt and peck. It's been three weeks now and I still prefer a laptop.
I've been tempted to get back to trading options. The market is moving up and One Main Financial sent me a letter saying that I can borrow more money. I can borrow $1700, which would get me back into options.
I don't think I'll do it. I told Holly at the VA that I wouldn't borrow money. I think she's right. I would just be gambling again. Last year was very similar to this. I had the easy money to borrow and the market was moving up. Well, that turned out to be a trap. I ended up strapped for money and it took me until recently to get out of the hole.
I don't like having my upside potential limited by working for an hourly wage but that looks like that is just the way things are working out. I probably read too many books about taking risks to reach your income potential. It just sells books. I'm no Zuckerman or Steve Jobs. I'm just Craig in Decorah. I'm probably better off finding beer cans on weekends that I can sell for the deposit. It has to do with reality. That is something that I've considered optional for much of my life.
I think I'll get one of my etchings sold. Someone sent me an e-mail asking me to lower my price to $75. I told him that I had already reduced my price and I was in no hurry to sell it. I hope he bids on it, I could use the money.
Things are going well at the Peace and Justice Center. That's where I work, part-time.
Not much, else, is happening.
Later

No comments: