Sunday, May 19, 2013

Rainy Day at Java John'

It's a rainy Sunday at Java John's. There are a lot of people here because of the Commencement at Luther. Yesterday, I pretty much had the room to myself.
Yesterday, I couldn't get the car started. I was going to go panning for gold at a town near here, named Eldorado. It took all day to get my portable battery charged up so I could use it on the car. Then I had to hook the negative clamp on the engine instead of the battery. I think there is something wrong with the cable from the engine to the battery. I'm going to replace it next week.
I did some research on my Delphi bonds. That is a car-parts company that has been in bankruptcy. I own over 600 of their bonds. If they become worth something I'll have thousands of dollars.
It turns out that a lawsuit and an investigation is going on. I hope that it turns out well. I need to do some prayerful work on this. I'll take it up with my practitioner as well.
I sent an e-mail to a billionaire who is into philanthropy about getting dentists to take Medicare payments. I hope I hear back from him.
I need to talk with Jason about my idea for 2 websites. One, I would call "Carpool Corner" would be a database for carpoolers. The other would beg for money to help poor people with dental care. I think they are good ideas and I need to pursue them. I could use Google Sites for free to get them going.
I sold one of my old Apple laptops. I got $50 for it. I think this is the first time I actually sold a laptop in the last 5 or 6 years. I hope that Mark is happy with it.
I bought another etching by Malcolm Childers. It was one of his pricier, low-number editions. I paid $100 for it. I'll have it framed and hung at Java John's. Maybe I can get $1000 for it.
Work is going well. I have to go to classes at the Workforce Development Office, next week. It'll be a nice break from the boredom that goes on at the Peace and Justice Center.
I'm reading a book by Robert Collier named "Riches Within Your Reach". I really like Collier's works. Even though it was written in the 1930's it is very applicable to my problems, today. I need to see if there is a way that I can recommend books on my blog that will stay there. I also like books by Richard Bach and T. Harv Eker.
That's all for now.
Later
Craig

No comments: