Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Book Recommendations

This is just a blog on books that I recommend. I'm into metaphysics, investing, working the welfare system, and researching living abroad.
Starting with metaphysics since how you view reality has a major effect on how everything looks:
  • "Illusions" by Richard Bach, This book has had a major effect on my life. It deals with the fact that matter is an illusion. This may be hard for someone who hasn't been exposed to that paradigm but from what I've seen I have to say that it's true. Don't be surprised if you find yourself outside, dissolving clouds, shortly after reading it. That is a normal side effect of reading this book. Some of his other books are well worth reading as well.
  • "Science and Health With Key to the Scriptures" by Mary Baker Eddie. This is the book that started the religion of Christian Science. It is the source book for a lot of Metaphysical writings. 
  • "Riches within Your Reach" by Robert Collier, Collier was influence by Eddie's writings but in my opinion, his writings were clearer than Eddie's and I find him to be very inspiring. 
  • I also recommend books by Wayne Dyer, Depok Chopra, and Eckhart Tolle.
Collier's books tend to get into wealth building and investments but some of the writers that influence my thinking on investments are:
  • "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind" By T. Harv Eker, This is a good starting point to change yourself so that you can accept more money into your life.
  • "Getting Back to Even" By Jim Cramer, I recommend all of Jim's books although I haven't read his first one yet. It will help you become a better investor. Also if you are serious about investing you would do well to watch his show "Mad Money" on CNBC at night.
  • "Aftershock" By Wiedemer, Wiedemer and Spitzer. I have the feeling that they are doing a good job of predicting the coming collapse of the economy. I almost hope I'm wrong but it should help a person prepare for the future.
  • "One up on Wall Street" By Peter Lynch. This is a classic on how the common person can beat the Wall Street experts. Lynch was one of the most successful mutual fund managers of all time. 
That's all of my recommendations for now. I'll probably add some later concerning the "Law of Attraction" which for me seems very real.
Later

No comments: