Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The President's Speech

Yesterday, the president came out strongly for natural gas to reduce carbon emissions. That was contrary to what I hear around the Peace and Justice Center where I work.
I'm the only one, seemingly in this town, who favors the development of natural gas drilling and frack sand mining. Now the president has come out on my side. Good for him. He may not be a total lost cause after all.
I bought a 1/10 ounce gold coin a couple of days ago. Now gold is going down in value. That happens every time I buy something. I think the bottom is close. Gold is selling for $1239/ounce and it costs around $1100 to mine it. It could go below the cost of production but it probably won't do that for long.
I was talking with Holly at the Waterloo branch of the VA hospital. She said that she was glad that I seemed to be focused on something rather than money in my long-term goals. The thing I forgot to mention is that a few months ago I was focused on money because I didn't have any. It's related to Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. Since my debt was overwhelming, all I could focus on was money. Now some of the pressure is off. I still think I'll do the gold panning thing and live in my car, but we'll see.
I'm reading a book by Robert Kiyosaki named "Why "A" Students work for "C" Students", It lays out what Kiyosaki sees as wrong with our financial education system and how to correct it. I'm going to loan it to Jim. Maybe it will help him see what he has been doing wrong with his investments and how to correct it.
I've also been reading Robert Collier's "Riches Within Your Reach". I think this is the third time that I've read it. I'm hoping that something soaks in that will help me break the grip of poverty. Unfortunately, I will probably have to actually do something. I mentioned that in a recent blog.
Well that's all for now.
Later 

No comments: