Sunday, July 7, 2013

One negative book cancels out ten positive books

It seems that one negative book "Aftershock" by Weidermeyer has canceled out several books by Collier, Eker, and Dyer. I find myself shopping for food, guns, and gold on the certainty of a coming depression.
He makes a compelling case for a depression based on the devaluation of our currency. We are over 17 trillion dollars in debt as a country. He feels that we will have 50% unemployment, 100% inflation, and a housing market that will go to 30% of it's present value.
I've been basing my purchasing decisions on fear. That is why I bought a gun and gold rather than using that money to purchase more etchings by Malcolm Childers. I probably missed an opportunity to triple my money because it was tied up in survivalist things. By the way I missed the opportunity to buy 3 of Malcolm's expensive etchings for $150 each. I did buy one for $100 but I was bidding for some gold at the time this opportunity came up and I was afraid to bid on the etching since I might have had to pay for a bunch of gold as well as the etchings.
Collier's book "The Life Magnet" points out the parable of the Prodigal Son to demonstrate that God loves us no matter how far away we move from him.  When the son came back he was rewarded with all sorts of gifts and such. It implies that God just wants us to turn to him for our sustenance rather than  depend on ourselves or material means.
I think I've been relying on the book "Aftershock" for my financial decisions, lately. I'm probably making bad purchases based on the fear that he is drumming up. I suppose he is just selling gold or books or something. Ten minutes ago I bid on a 10 ounce silver bar. I hope that I don't get it. I've got to quit buying things on E-bay. I just don't have the money. All that I can hope to do to get ready for the financial collapse is to hang on to my job and hope for the best. I've done fairly well,so far.
Later




 
















No comments: