Monday, July 1, 2013

Robert Collier and the "Law of Attraction"

In his book "Riches Within Your Reach" Collier quotes Jesus: "Unto everyone that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance, but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath."
This has always struck me as being basically unfair. It seems to work out in real life, but it has made me feel hopeless.
It seemed that no matter what I do, my money is always taken away.
The way that Collier explains it is that like attracts like. It's similar to magnetic attraction. If you think wealth, more wealth will come your way. If, on the other hand, your thoughts are about poverty and how you will pay your bills, you will get more poverty.
I guess you have to change your thoughts to thoughts of wealth. Start dressing better. Eat at a fancy place now and then. Save up some money to just blow extravagantly.
T. Harv Eker talks about this in his book "The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind". The "Law of Attraction" is mentioned in many of the books I read.
Another metaphysical law that Collier writes about is the "Law of Multiplication". It was demonstrated by Jesus when he multiplied the loaves and fishes. It was also demonstrated by various prophets by increasing the supply of oil for a widow and grain for another widow.
This indicates that you take what you already have and multiply it. Keep in mind that the prophets and Jesus demonstrated these things for all of us to do as well. They meant for us to take up where they left off.
I haven't posted any pictures lately so I'll post a picture of one of my etchings by Malcolm Childers. I would sell it but I want at least $1000 for it since it is one of his lower numbered editions. It's named "Some with Strong Backs Waning".
 Malcolm has a tendency to make long titles for his etchings.

No comments: