Monday, September 2, 2013

They're Trying to take away my VA Benefits

I got a letter from someone in the VA last Friday. Apparently they are trying to take away my VA medical benefits. I'm afraid that I might have to start paying for Medicare and Obama care. They said that I hadn't replied to a letter I got last month. I remember calling the VA in Iowa City and telling them that the reason I had so much money in 2010 was that I sold my house.
Now they are bringing up some E-trade receipts and they are saying that I made too much money to be getting VA benefits. I'll go to the VA in town, here, and make some more calls, tomorrow.
I've been upset about this all weekend. I hope that I can get it straightened out. If I don't it will mess up my plans to go panning for gold, next year. It might set me back by a year or two.
 I told Gary about this yesterday. He said that I'm making too much out of it. I calmed down a lot when he said that. I was even feeling suicidal. I hate the idea of having another decade of poverty. I was just beginning to see a way out of it in spite of the fact that the US economy is collapsing.
On a brighter note, I went to Onalaska, today. I hung out at Barnes and Noble. For my Russian reader, that is a bookstore chain. I looked at books on homesteading and surfed the Internet. I had a coupon and a membership card so my sandwich didn't cost so much. I'm still buying parts for my Mosin-Nagant. That's a Russian rifle I bought for my gold panning expedition. I might need it for bears. If I'm near a large population center when the economy tanks, I might need it for cannibals. It might get that bad. If nobody takes the dollars, things could get really bad, really fast. Maybe I should ask my Russian reader how bad things got in the nineties. I saw something on YouTube about the collapse of Cuba; and things didn't seem to get that bad.
I'm sorry that I haven't been posting as often as I should. I'll post a picture of one of the etchings I' trying to sell on Ebay. If you think you might be interested in having one, they are on Ebay under Malcolm Childers. He's the artist.



I'll keep you posted on how it goes, tomorrow.
Craig




No comments: