Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Am I Basing my Thinking on Fear too Much?

I find myself buying food, guns, and gold in anticipation of the currency collapse. Maybe I'm over doing it.
I was thinking about that, yesterday. I've been reading a book by Napoleon Hill named "Think and Grow Rich". It talks about how your thinking brings what you think about into existence. Maybe I'm thinking too much about the pending collapse.
I also watched a couple of YouTube videos by Alex Ansary and Glendon Cameron. They were on the same topic; how fearful thinking can take you over and mess up your life. My early childhood (which was impaired by an abusive family and poverty) might have set me up for such negative thinking. Also the fact that everything I've ever done to get out of the working class trap has caused me to lose a lot of money. I'm fearful of the future because the past has been so bad.
The only thing that has worked for me has been the welfare system and now both the Democrats and Republicans seem to want to take that away.
They call it cutting out "entitlements". That's just another word for Social Security.
Of course, if the currency collapses, even that won't work. It would be a catastrophe for everyone. I doubt that I can adequately prepare for it. I'll just have to hope that it won't be as bad as I think it will be.
Some things I can do is to get counseling. I was talking with a counselor named Sonja. Maybe I could see if she would take gold coins for counselling.
I also talked with a Christian Science practitioner. I would have to use money for her but it might be worth it.
Of course, I'm thinking that what is in your mind becomes your reality in the external world. This is similar to the "Law of Attraction". I do think the law of attraction works. We bring into our lives what we think about. As Glendon Cameron put it, if our mind is full of fear there is no room for anything else to enter into it.
Anyway, if you are interested in this line of thought go to Glendon Cameron and Alex Ansary on YouTube. They both expressed this thinking better than I do.
Later





No comments: