Saturday, December 28, 2013

Don't know why crypto-currencies are as strong as they are.

I'm back to trading crypto-currencies. I'm in NMC now. It's a smaller, more volatile currency. I've been in and out a couple of times this morning. Each time I get in and out I lose money on the spread (the difference between the ask and bid price). That means that it costs me money just getting in and out of a position. I need to stop over trading.
Yesterday I was thinking that the situation in India would drive the crypto-currencies down but I was wrong. They are going up again, So today I'm back in.
On a different topic, I'm thinking about trading my gold for a motor home. I feel that gold will be useless in a real SHTF situation. People may be bartering for ammo and food but I think gold is just too expensive to be a good medium of exchange. Therefore I would be better off trading it for my bugout RV. I could also use the RV to go panning for gold. I hope to do that in a couple of years.
I may have some changes in my employment situation. I still haven't heard about rather I've been re certified as being poor enough for my present job. It looks like I'll be able to stay on for another month if I'm not. Other part time job opportunities are showing up so I'll be OK for now. I'm just concerned about getting enough money to do a good job of preparing for the financial collapse.
Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way of really preparing adequately. It's just too expensive for a poor person and preparing is a bottomless pit for money.
I not only don't have the money to prepare; I also don't have the space to store stuff. I might look into getting a storage space for water, ammo, and food. That will set me back by about $50/month. Maybe I can get Jim and Sherry to go in with me. I talked with Sherry about prepping, last night. She recently read a book about having someone set off an EMP or electro-magnetic-pulse, and taking down the entire grid. I suppose it could happen. I feel that a currency collapse is certain. I don't feel that we'll be at war with anyone else. The public is just sick and tired of wasting money on military spending.
Of course, if a person is preparing for one contingency he is also preparing for others as well. You have to set back the same food and water and stuff for all possible events.
Oh well, I'm going back to watching crypto-currencies. NMC moved down whilest I've been blogging.
Later

No comments: