Friday, December 27, 2013

Giving up Hope on Bitcoin

Well it looks to me that Bitcoin is a bust. Not only is the Chinese government making it impossible to put money into a Bitcoin account but now the Indian government is arresting people for trading Bitcoins. For over 30% of the world's population it's illegal to trade Bitcoins. The worst  part of this is the precedence that it sets for the rest of the world's repressive governments. It looks like Bitcoins will be made illegal everywhere. Governments just can't have competing currencies. That would upset their ponzi scheme currencies.
I had my hopes up that I would be able to finance my getting off the grid using profits from Bitcoins. Now I have to face reality. I'll be doing good to just maintain my level of income and buy some more gold and silver.
Prepping is so expensive that I'll never be able to do a good job of getting ready for the currency collapse. All I can do is all that I can do.
I had to forget about getting a trailer last week. A mechanic told me that my van was too rusty to pull a trailer. I'm tempted to try to find a cheap old motor home. That would probably be better than a trailer, anyway.
I still want to get out and prospect for gold. Not only would I be off of the grid but I would be accumulating gold.
I feel that gold will retain it's value in currency collapse. Right now gold and silver prices are very manipulated. They are being held down so that the dollar looks better than it is.
I might lose my job at Experience Works. I'm having troubles with the re certifying process. Maybe I can work part time at other places if I lose that job. We'll see.
Later

No comments: