Sunday, January 19, 2014

I'm Done With Junk Drawers

For the past 6 or 9 months I've been buying what is called junk drawers on EBay. I always get cheated. One of the last ones had a small coin that had Queen Elizabeth's portrait on it. It was gold color so I thought that it was a 1/10 ounce Canadian Maple Leaf. That would be gold and worth $150. Instead it was a Hong Kong nickle ; worth 5 cents in Hong Kong.
I'm always fooling  myself. I have to just admit to myself that other people aren't going to make a mistake and let me have anythings that is worth more than it might appear. I've spent hundreds and although I might have some nice coins; I'm stuck with stamps and baseball cards that are worthless. It's just a waste of time and money to bother with.
The last junk drawer came in a plastic envelope that the Canadian Post Office put on. It had been broken into and a vial with gold flakes had been stolen. I have to run by the Post Office tomorrow and see if I have any recourse. I think I just wasted $76.
Tomorrow I get paid and I think I'll put another $200 into Lite Coin. I still feel that I'm on the leading edge of cryptocurrency. I feel that by next year I'll be ahead by about $20,000. Only time will tell. I can always buy gold with it. I'm not losing yet but it is going down. After January 31st the Chinese won't be able to transfer their money into it so that is affecting the market, now. I expect a big rise after January 31st. We'll see.
I'm thinking about doing something for the preppers in the audience.
I'm thinking about making a bug out bag for truely poor people. Instead of starting with a $100 tactical backpack I would start with a bag from the grocery store costing $1.00. I would have a knife that I bought from Wal-Mart for under $5.00. Maybe I would use something from the junk drawers. I would include a lighter from Wal-Mart as well. Then I would use the vasoline and cotton ball trick for tinder. I would show myself getting canned tuna from the food pantry for stored food. I don't know what I'll do about water. The bottled stuff is just too expensive, and containers aren't cheap either.
I got a nice camera in one of the junk drawers last week. If I can figure out how to get the pictures off of the memory card and into a computer I'll use it. It just needed good batteries. I downloaded the operating instructions and it seems to work. Maybe the junk drawers weren't a complete loss.
Later

No comments: