Wednesday, February 26, 2014

It' 11 below and the ice is like a rock.

I've been scraping ice, lately, and I'm worn out and generally beat. I've gotten the ice beaten back to the point that I shouldn't have trouble with snow shoveling.
More snow is on the way for Friday and the weekend. I'll be ready for it.
I'm making a lot of money, shoveling snow; I wish I could say the same about Bitcoins. That is just losing money.
It just keeps going down on the news about Mt. Gox. I keep getting out and try to get a better price, later, but I can't time things perfectly. I've lost over $100 in the last week. The snow shoveling isn't keeping up with my losses with crypto currencies.
I bought a membership at the "New 49'ers". That's a gold mining club in California. They own about 40 claims on the Klamath River. I sent off 8 small gold coins to pay for a membership. It's still in the mail. I'm tracking it. It's in Waterloo, right now.
I would like to go out there this summer, but I don't think I'll get out there until next year.
I like the idea of finding gold and hoarding it. I have more faith in gold than I do in our currency. That is part of the reason I got into crypto currencies. I feel that the dollar will collapse and take the rest of the world down with it. Oh well. I'm trying to do all that I can to prepare for that eventuality, but it's hard when you are as poor as I am.
I find myself still buying "junk drawers" on EBay. After finding one with a gold chain that is worth $200 I'm tempted to repeat my triumph and find a silver coin going for a few dollars. I bought a couple of them, yesterday in the hopes that some of the coins in them were actually silver and worth something. We'll see, next week.
Well, that's all I have for now.
Later

No comments: