Saturday, May 3, 2014

I got my motor home

I paid for my motor home this morning. This afternoon I drove it home.
It was terrible to drive. The wind whipped it all over the road. I'll probably have to have the springs replaced. The engine seemed to run well, but I was disappointed with the brakes. I think I'll have to have them looked at; maybe the front brakes weren't working. The brakes seemed weak.
Anyhow, I got it home. Now I have to move and get into the new apartment.
My plans of going to California are coming together. I just have to take it one step at a time.
I'm reading a book by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer (Change Your Thoughts-- Change Your Life).
It's a discussion of Lao-tzu's works the Tao Te Ching. In the 64th verse it states that "a journey of 1000 miles starts with a single step".
Today I made a significant step towards financial freedom by having my own motor home. Now I'll be able to live anywhere in the country by just living in my motor home.
I'll be able to park it on any of hundreds of gold mining claims and I'll have the right to be there. Hopefully I'll find gold on those claims as well. I'm a member of 2 gold mining clubs and I have a lifetime membership in one of them. The other one I have to pay year-by-year.
I'm getting ready to leave and find my fortune on my own. It will be good to be away from government dependancy.
Frankly, I've been dependant on government subsidies for the last 15 years. In fact, most of my life, I've worked for the government in the defense industry.
It will be good to really be on my own. And if that fails at least I've found the cheapest way to live without camping under bridges.
I'll have to get some pictures of my motor home. It's not much but at least it's paid for.
Later

No comments: