Saturday, May 31, 2014

I haven't Posted for a While

I've been bad about putting up new content on my blog, sorry.
Both my van and motor home are sitting at Dan's Standard waiting to be worked on.
The van broke down last Sunday. The fuel pump isn't working.
Dan said that he can't get to it for a couple of weeks; he's so back logged. I just ride my bicycle around town, now.
I need to get the motor home transferred to the RV repair place up by the airport. Maybe he can do something with it.
Another Dan (the bicycle repair guy) told me to have the motor home trucked out to California. That might work. At least I wouldn't have to worry about the motor home breaking down. I really need it to live in, not to drive around in. I'll have to find out how much it would cost to do that. When I was truck driving there were websites that facilitated routing trucks. I'll have to go online and find a cheap truck out to Happy Camp, CA.
I got two old MacIntosh laptops working last week. One of them still has a problem with the audio input and output, but I can work around it with a USB headset. I'll just get external speakers and I have a USB headset for phone calls. It'll be alright.
I'm trying to get the latest Linux Mint working on the HP computer at work. It's a struggle. I got the version that came out in October to work. Now I need to get the one that just came out working. I think I'll have to get it installed and then modify the configure file by copying that file from the working operating system. It'll take a while.
I think I'll continue this later today.

No comments: