Saturday, July 19, 2014

My RV is ready to go.

I heard from Kelly at the "Camp Site" RV dealer, today. My motor home is ready to go.
Apparently somebody miswired the batteries to the living area. The positive terminal was grounded. I wired it up the way that looked right ( red to positive and black to negative). Someone had wires switched before I got it. I don't know how it ran at all. I hope it didn't hurt the batteries.
The New 49ers sent me an application for the job they have open. I just need to fill it out and get going. Of course, I don't have any experience as an accountant. That is a problem. If they don't hire me for that job maybe I can get the night watchman job. That would provide me with a place to park and live in my motor home for free.
I talked with Gary about taking me to Cresco to pick up the motor home. He was busy, next week. Then Dan came by and he said that he would ride his bicycle to Cresco and pick it up Tuesday. Dan is a bicycle fanatic and Tuesday is his day off from work. That will work for me. I need to buy him dinner sometime.
I'm still wondering if the shocks need to be replaced and if the brakes need work. Dan can probably tell me both things.
I think I'll be out of here in a couple of months. I only hope that I get the job in Happy Camp. That would be the icing on the cake.
I need to see if I can sell some of my gold jewelry to a refinery that I found advertising in a treasure hunting magazine. I've gotten over an ounce that Mark the jeweler thinks might be real gold. That could help finance the trip but I'm not sure about selling gold since that's what this trip is all about anyway. I want to accumulate gold for the financial collapse. So why would I sell any? If it turns out to be actual gold maybe I should try to get some more from EBay. I may have really hit the jackpot with a $32 investment, last week.
When I get out to California, I'll just get a device to melt gold and I'll smelt it myself. That way I won't have to rely on refiners. I'll just stack gold in a safe deposit box, or safe.
Well, it's Saturday morning and I think I'll run over to Cresco and see the motor home even if I can't drive it away.
Later.

No comments: