Sunday, August 10, 2014

I'm Toning Down my Discussion about Ebola, for now.

I'm in a 'wait and see" mode with Ebola. I don't think it's time to panic and bug out, yet.
It doesn't appear that it's airborne. It still appears to be only spread by contact with body fluids. The reason so many health care people are getting it is that they are around a lot of body fluids; in conditions that can only be described as barbaric. I saw somewhere that the doctors and nurses in Sierra Leone had quit because they felt is was suicidal to work there.
From what I've read, that is the norm in Africa; therefore Ebola will continue to be out of control, there. Things may be different in other locations. We'll see.
I decided to quantify when I bug out. I'm going to wait until there are at least 50,000 Ebola patients in the U.S. I figure that if it goes over that, things may get out of control and it's time to head for the hills.
I don't know if bugging out will help during a pandemic but it makes sense to me.
On the topic of bugging out, I got to thinking about moving to my sister's place in California. Of course, it wouldn't make much sense in a total breakdown of society, but it might make sense for now.
My sister has a new boyfriend who prospects for gold in Arizona. Maybe he could show me the ropes where it comes to looking for gold in the desert. I might be able to leave my motor home or van at my sister's place while I'm out in the desert.
I can't remember if I mentioned it, but I was turned down for the job with the "New 49ers" I just don't have the experience to be an accountant. Therefore there is no sense in rushing out to Happy Camp California, right away. Maybe I'll head out there next year.
Maybe I should cut and paste this next paragraph higher in this blog; but it came to me now.
I expect the Ebola outbreak to precipitate a financial collapse. Some of the gloom and doomers that I watch on YouTube think it will happen this coming October or November. They aren't mentioning the Ebola situation but I think if the financial collapse comes that it will be caused by the economic shutdown due to that.
I'm now expecting a depressionary period before the big hyper-inflation. That might make bugging out easier and cheaper to do. Maybe gas will be cheaper and even food might be less expensive.
Maybe I'll make my move then. As it stands now, I won't be moving out to California or Arizona until next April. That will be after I make a lot of money (for me), shoveling snow. I also will be showing some of Malcolm Childer's works at Luther College until April. So I doubt that I'll be moving until then. The Ebola outbreak may change that, we'll see.
Post a Comment