Saturday, August 2, 2014

Is it Time to Panic Yet?

Is it alright to yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre when there is a fire?
I think it is. That's why I'm bringing up the word "panic".
There are two things I'm considering panicking about. The first is the Ebola outbreak, and the second is the financial collapse. I feel that they are related.
The Ebola outbreak (even if it blows over, now) will cause the financial collapse. We are already seeing countries shut down travel to places with Ebola, and that will only get worse from here on out.
That and several other things such as Argentina defaulting on it's debt will slow down the world's economy.
At this point, all the Federal Reserve can do is to reduce it's spending. They know that they will have to increase it during the collapse so they have to reduce quantitative easing now. That will ensure that they will be able to increase spending during a worse crisis.
Getting back to the Ebola outbreak; I wouldn't head to the hills quite yet. If the number of newly sick people goes up sharply, maybe you should next week. Something I read this week said that we should know soon how bad the crisis is.
I don't know what I can do if it does get a lot worse. I have a bug out vehicle but I'm still waiting for the electronics on it to be repaired. Now, I have no hot water, furnace, refrigerator, or water pump. I would like to have those things fixed before I head out to where ever I go to.
I guess what I'm saying is to go ahead and panic about the financial crisis. Sell your bonds and stocks and buy gold and silver.
I would wait until a week or two to panic about Ebola. I'll keep you posted on whether or not to bug out and frankly I don't know what to do about it. I'm considering just moving to La Crosse and hanging out at the Christian Science reading room. That is probably as good of a plan as any. I have more faith is spiritual healing than in modern medicine, anyway. Maybe I can pray my way through this. The financial collapse is inevitable, deserved and long overdue. Maybe I can live on the streets in my motor home and hunt rabbits for food. It might not be that bad but I feel that it will be. I hope to be in California and prospecting for gold by the time it hits.
That's all I have for now.
Later  

No comments: