Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Sailing the Caribbean

These are just some of the things I'm unlikely to blog about. I might actually get my mountain bike out and ride some of the trails we have in Decorah, but everything else is too expensive for me.
I'll just talk about the Ebola outbreak and the pending economic collapse, which may be related. I feel that the Ebola outbreak may bring about the economic slowdown which will turn into a full-blown economic collapse.
There was more bad news about Ebola, today.
As of today, 170 health care professionals have come down with Ebola. That must make treating people with Ebola the most dangerous occupation that there is. It also raises the question about why people who are taking every possible precaution that there is, are coming down, so often, with this deadly disease.
There was also bad news from Nigeria. A nurse who had treated Patrick Sawyer (the person who brought Ebola to Nigeria) traveled out of Lagos to someplace east of there. I believe she died there and now we have to wonder how many people she spread it to.
She was told not to travel but apparently she was thinking with her heart rather than her mind. I think the lesson is to use armed guards to make sure that people don't break the quarantine.
I had some bad news about my old motorhome, today. It needs a new water tank. It was leaking and the inside had turned black from mold. I'll talk with my banker tomorrow about getting it fixed. The shower and sinks work so that is progress.
I probably should have bought a newer motorhome but this one was the only one that was available at the time. It's over 40 years old so there are bound to be problems with it. I just didn't have the money to buy a newer one. At least it drives well.
I told my banker that I was willing to spend a couple of thousand dollars to get it in good shape. It will probably cost at least that much. Tomorrow, when I finish my peer support class, I'll find out more about the old motorhome.
I'm not thinking about going to California until after November, so there is time to get it fixed.
I want to thank the people from Moldova who keep coming back. I'm not sure why I have so many readers from Moldova, but I've never had so many readers until the last couple of weeks.
Maybe it had something to do with the outspoken opinion I expressed about bringing people who have Ebola back to the U.S. Whatever it was you folks seem to keep coming back. Thanks
Later

No comments: