Friday, March 20, 2015

Credit Cards are Killing Me.

I want to rant about how credit cards (with their high interest rates) are killing me financially.
I'm paying over 20% on some of my credit cards. That is just too high to get the principle down, over time.
I've used them for sensible things like buying silver and gold and buying my motor home. I also use them a bit too much for buying food at restaurants and coffee shops.
The problem is that they are impossible to pay off because they increase so fast that I can never get ahead.
Years ago, financial advisers would say to pay twice the minimum payment to get them paid off. That was when the interest was around 10%. Now I think you have to pay 3 or 4 times the minimum payment to make any headway.
I woke up this morning thinking about my credit cards and I just don't see any way out. I'll have to get a good price for my etchings. That would release the road block that is stifling my move to California.
That reminds me, I have to pick up my etchings from Luther, today. I have to call David and go pick them up. Maybe someone saw them and just has to buy the whole bunch. I hope so.
I'm selling a couple of my computers; but I'll still have 5 or 6 left.
I've got a lot to do today so I better get going.
Later

No comments: