Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mental Progress on the Move

I'm not making any material progress on my move but I am making some mental progress:


  1. I decided to get Brian to help me pack up and get ready for the move; he wants my apartment since it's the cheapest one in Decorah. 
  2. I decided to sell my gold coins and rings at the Coin Club. They are serious about coins and such and I feel that I can get good prices, there. I didn't want to part with the gold but it's necessary. 
  3. I contacted Jackson Auctions in Cedar Falls, IA to sell my etchings. They are going to give me a free appraisal so at least I know where I stand with the etchings. 
  4. My oil options are going up. If they keep going I'll have plenty of money for the move. Maybe gambling will pay off. 
The motor home is still a problem, as well. Nothing is being done with it. It has been sitting in the shop for a couple of weeks, now. The clearance lights need to be replaced, and the transmission needs work.
I think that once the work on the vehicle gets done; I'll take it to Cresco, Iowa to have the work done on the furnace and water heater. It might fall together quicker than I think.
Shoveling snow has been a waste of time. I always end up dining out when I'm shoveling. I end up spending more for food than I make by shoveling snow.
I just need to start cooking at home and getting free food from the Lutheran Church. Once I'm out in the wilderness I'll have no alternative but to cook for myself.
As it stands now, I think I'll leave in about a month. I'll take the motor home out and somehow get back for the van.
I haven't talked about the world situations, lately.
The Yemeni rebels will probably team up with ISIS to divide up Saudi Arabia. That is similar to what Hitler and Stalin did at the start of WWII. All of this is being manipulated to drive oil prices up. Low oil prices will destroy the U.S. quicker than anything else.
I saw something on the Internet. I believe someone named Bix Weir was being interviewed. He said that there are mines in the United States (hidden in parks and military reservations) that could produce more gold than is known to be in the world, now. If he's right, that might explain why gold never seems to go up much. I still think that silver will go up due to usage in solar panels.
Oh well,
Later

No comments: