Friday, September 18, 2015

I Actually did Something Todays; and I'm Stiff and Sore.

I went to a couple of claims today. I mostly metal detected and climbed around the hills. I'm paying for it now in the form of being stiff and sore. At least I'm trying to find gold. At the first place I went to  I got to thinking about how hopeless, finding gold, seems to me.
I got to thinking about what a fellow prospector told me "If you want gold you are better off getting a job and just paying for it."
That spurred me into going to Ashland, Oregon to look for a job. I checked out Craigslist on the computer. There seems to be plenty of jobs to be had  in Southern Oregon. '
I know that the thing that got me to Oregon looking for a job was that a young lady smiled at me and said "hello" to me last Wednesday night, there.
I'm a very impressional dirty, old man. She'll have me hanging out at the Ashland Starbucks every chance I get.
I suppose it has a lot to do with my delusions of grandeur and schizophrenia. I've been off in my dreamworld lately. Maybe I need a different medication. The stuff I'm using (Risperdal) doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. It also might have something to do with the isolation that I'm going through. I have too much time to daydream which is bad for us mentally ill folks.
A job would keep my mind occupied. I was thinking that prospecting would do that as well as bring in income. I do think most of my daydreaming happens in my apartment so maybe I just need to get  more serious about finding gold.
I sold most of my gold and silver and a couple of my guns last week. I had to to keep ahead of the bills.
I really need to sell some of my etchings because that would bring in serious money. That doesn't seem to be happening.
I called Tim at Game Exchange a couple of days ago. I wasn't able to get to Tim but the girl I talked to took a message. I hope the etchings move. They haven't been on Ebay lately but I can understand that since it might make sense to move them on and off Ebay to make people think that they aren't available, anymore.
That's all I have for now.
Later

No comments: