Monday, May 29, 2017

I Need a Goal.

Something I was reading on Yahoo pointed out that people need goals to keep them working towards something.
Right now, I'm operating without one.
Of course I have vague ideas of getting a trailer and some land and starting a homestead.
Two things are wrong with that:

  1. I'm too poor to make it work.
  2. I'm too old to do all the work required.
Some of the books I read tell me never to use the words "I can't". Rather I'm supposed to replace that phrase with "how can I?".
This raises the question of rather I really want to have a homestead or am I just responding to all the negative YouTube videos I've watched about the currency collapse.
I think I'm just being influenced by all those videos. According to them the currency should have collapsed a couple of years ago.
Now that I think about it, I was watching many of the same people, saying the same things, thirty years ago.
So when will the currency collapse? I don't know but I feel that it's probably is nothing I should be basing my future planning on.
I need to find a more positive and reachable goal to work towards.
Maybe gold prospecting and metal detecting on beaches would be more achievable. All I really need is a cheap trailer and a few tools like a sluice box for prospecting. If I really wanted to, I could be gone next month.
The last time I tried this, a couple of years ago, it didn't work out because the temperature was too high and I lived in an apartment and spent too much money.
This time I would live in a trailer and keep my expenses down.
It would be better if I could get someone a little younger to go with me to do a lot of the heavy lifting. That was something I was missing the last time as well.
Something that was pushing me into going prospecting before I was really ready the last time was the Ebola epidemic.
The death rate for people over the age of 45 was 97% so I wanted to be isolated when it spread to the U.S.
Ebola has started again.
It's isolated to a small village in Central Africa but I'll keep track of it.
There are two things that are working to contain it:

  1. It's in a small, isolated village.
  2. There is a new vaccine that might work better than the first one. 
It's in the first month of spreading so only 49 people have it yet. But that number doubled in the first month.
We'll see how it goes from here.
Later,

No comments: