Wednesday, August 30, 2017

I was Wrong about Harvey.

Harvey was a worse hurricane than I thought it would be. What made it so bad was that it lingered and dumped so much rain in a limited area. Apparently it will end up causing more damage than Katrina. I  don't know if it was worse than Sandy but if I watch enough YouTube videos someone will tell us how it rated.
That brings up something I saw on Glendon Cammeron's vlog "Hustler's Kung Foo". He said that everyone who doesn't have much going for themselves financially should drop everything and go to Huston, now.
I might do it. I'm getting a little old for manual labor; but maybe I can find a job that wouldn't involve manual labor that much.
I got thinking about fixing old laptops, and loading Linux Mint on them and selling them at a gain. Maybe I could score some gold or silver, cheap.
I made the commitment of working a job for Manpower for a couple of weeks.
After that, I will have some money to go down there. I'll have to sleep in my car but I can do that.
Maybe I can leave most of my stuff at Gary's place.
Glendon said that anyone who would be willing to work will make enough money to buy houses at a major discount and then unload them at a great profit.
Even without money a person should be able to make enough money to buy houses for $5,000 or even less.
From the macro view, I would be afraid of having any real estate right before the economic collapse.
On the other hand, Huston has the energy industry going for it. We'll always need energy so Huston should be the last place to collapse.
I'll probably forget about moving to Huston in a couple of weeks. I don't know why I would think I would make any more money there than I would here. I've maxed out at $10/hr. and there are only so many hours in a day. I could probably make as much money here as I would there.
The low prices of real estate is the only compelling reason to move there.
I don't think it's a place I would want to live. It's just too hot and humid. I lived for a few months in Florida and I was miserable there. I doubt that Texas would be much different.
On a different topic, I think I'll go to Eldorado, tomorrow.
I was told not to go to work until Friday so I'll have the gas to go there.
I'll be alone but I can dig out a couple of places that I think have gold and run the dirt through my tiny sluice box. With a couple of hours of work I should be able to find out it the gold there is in workable quantities. I doubt that it is but the only way to find out is to work some.
I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Later,





No comments: