Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Lot is Happening, Now

While I was visiting my brother he gave me his coin collection.
Now I have to figure out what to do with the coins. It appears that one of them is worth a lot of money.
I contacted a coin broker in New York about it. He said that there is an auction next March that he would like to list it at. It is labeled as being an MS 65 but the broker said that the grading agency which graded it has a bad reputation for  overly optimistic ratings.
It'll cost $50; but he wants a more reputable agency to look at it. The difference between a rating of MS 64 and MS 65 is thousands of dollars.Here is a picture of that coin.

I'm contacting other buyers as well but the first one is the most interested. In fact, I've sent off images of the coin to several buyers and none of them has gotten back to me.
I took several other coins to a dealer in La Crosse and he insulted me with his offer. I'm giving up on dealers since they only want to cheat people.
In fact I was tempted to go to a coin show this weekend. I think I'll skip it since a coin show is just a collection of dealers who all intend to cheat a seller as much as possible.
I'm listing some of them on Ebay next week. I used a magazine that I bought at Barnes and Noble to set my beginning prices. I was happy to see that the prices in the magazine were within 5 dollars of what the Ebay sellers were getting. They'll be on the market next week.
My brother has bladder cancer but the radiation treatments seem to be helping him. He needs to be in a nursing home and maybe he will be soon.
I got the book about Bitcoins but it didn't add to my knowledge of the early days of Bitcoins. I need to hear back from the 2 people I sent messages to about my missing Bitcoins. I'll have to find different ways to contact them.
Java John's is closing soon so I'll sign off, now.
Later,

































4

No comments: