Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I might be able to buy crypto for fiat at Kraken.

I was researching where I can buy crypto for fiat and I came up with Kraken (where I already have an account).
I think I just have to upgrade from a tier 2 to a tier 3 account and I can use my bank account to buy crypto. It will require sending in more identification documents. I'll look into it tomorrow.
Gemini is still processing my passport. I don't know what is taking so long. Maybe the picture was fuzzy but it looked good to me.
I guess everybody is trying to get signed up at the same time.
Something happened tonight that made me think about things.
A friend of mine (Brian) was told that a freezer had broken at a grocery store and thousands of dollars worth of food had been thrown out.
He asked me for a ride to that store so he could scrounge through the garbage bins for some good food.  I turned him down because I didn't want to be in the freezing cold for some, thrown away, food.
It got me thinking about a lot of things:
First, Brian is probably in worse financial shape than I was aware of. A few days ago I was suspicious that he might be shoplifting for food.
I know that he was offended at a food pantry that was run by a church that they gave food to illegal aliens. I don't think he ever went back there even though that was the best place to get free food in town. He's probably having a harder time of it than I was aware of; and I should be aware because he hits me up for free coffee all the time at Java Johns.
Second, it got me thinking about myself. Why was I too proud to go and get some (perfectly good food). I'm not too proud to avoid going to the food pantry. I've been know to walk for miles to collect aluminum cans for redemption. I haven't done that lately since I can get by on Social Security.
So what makes me too proud to pick up food behind the grocery store?
Instead I just spend money at the co-op and look down my nose at Brian. What a hypocrite I am.
Later.

No comments: