Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Should I go back to Trading Options?

Someone asked me today if there were options on Bitcoins.
I did a little research and found that the new futures contracts on Bitcoins offer options as well. I'm  terrified of trading Bitcoins with futures since there is no end to how much you can lose; but options limit the downside risk to simply what you had to put up in the first place.
Of course, I would never write an option but I would only buy one. I like that because, maybe, I could put up a few hundred dollars and make thousands while only risking the few hundred.
I feel that Bitcoins can only go up now and I would only take the long positions.
I might be able to get my old account working in Preston so I might already have a place to trade. We'll see.
I made some progress towards getting my etchings on Ebay. I went to the Game Exchange today. Tim wasn't there because he's trying to help his wife with her cancer. I think they are at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester. He'll be back on Friday so I'll see him then.
Crypto currencies were fluctuating wildly, today. Overnight they went down by 20% or so. By the end of the day they made up their losses. I just have to hold on for dear life; or HODL as they say in the crypto world. Tonight they are down a bit. I've got to quit watching them so closely.
There was some snow this morning so I made a little money.
I'm watching the price of the dollar, lately. It plummeted today. It's been going down for at least a couple of weeks, now. I'll have to check the charts to see how long it's been going down. The symbol is DXY. I like the charts on CNBC.com.
I think I'll go back to watching my negative YouTube channels.
Later.

No comments: