Sunday, February 24, 2013

Opera and Blogger

I just tried using the web browser, Opera, while posting to my blog. It didn't work. I had to go to Safari.  Other than that, I really like Opera. It acts very similar to Chrome or Firefox. I can't use either of those because they don't work on old Macintosh PPCs. I guess that I'm stuck with Safari for tonight.
Well, I started my new job. It's going pretty well, so far. I've been loading Linux on Windows and Macintosh machines. I'm having troubles getting the Mac to work with Linux. The old PPC machines aren't supported by anyone, very much. For being as old and unsupported as they are these old Ibook G4s sure work well. I'm pretty happy with them and I just bought another one for $27 on Ebay. The shipping was another $20 so it really cost me $47. I hope I can get it going well. It comes with software and an AC adapter as well.
I messed up the network last Friday. A guy named Ken came over from Radio Shack and straightened them out. He saved my day.
Ken said that he thought Google Chrome was safe. He didn't think there was much to be afraid of as far as spyware was concerned. I think I'll load Chrome on as many computers as I can tomorrow. I'll just use Ad Blocker, and hope for the best. As it implies, the plug-in Ad Blocker blocks commercial adds from your web browsers. I think its the best protection from spyware.
I made a lot of money, shoveling snow, last Friday. We had close to 6 inches fall, mostly in the morning. I had to juggle the snow shoveling with the IT job. It worked out. I was stiff, Saturday, from all the shoveling. I think that will be the last of the major snow storms. It seemed to be melting very fast Saturday and today.
I went to LaCrosse with Jim and Sherry, today. I hung out at Barnes and Noble while they went shopping. While I was there, I ordered a couple of books on Linux Mint and LibreOffice. We'll be using those at the Peace and Justice Center.
While at Barnes and Noble, I leafed through a book by Bart Ehrman and one by Elaine Pagels. Ehrman wrote a book about the Gnostic texts that didn't make it into the Bible. Pagels had a book about the book of Revelations. I've been reading a lot about religion lately. I've even been doing the daily Christian Science bible lessons.
I'm at a fast-food chain restaurant named Culver's. I finished off a banana split and read the Sunday newspaper. I'm just blogging and listening to Itune radio. I think I'll surf Yahoo, and AOL and go home. I'm a little tired from lack of sleep yesterday.
Well, Later.

No comments: