Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Building Instead of Just Consuming

During those quiet hours, I began watching YouTube videos by people like Dan Martell, Robert Kiyosaki, and Jaspreet Singh. At first, they were simply interesting videos. But over time, they caused me to think differently about work, money and financial freedom. One lesson that stuck was that a paycheck matters, but by itself may not be enough to build the kind of stability people hope for. These days, I ask a different question: not what can I buy, but what can I build? Building to me can mean many things: starting a small project, learning skills, investing in productive companies, owning real estate, rebuilding a computer, or writing a blog. There isn't one formula that fits everyone, but I've come to believe there's value in creating something instead of simply spending. Before I spend now, I try to ask, will this help me build my future, or is it simply something I'll consume today? That question has probably influenced my financial thinking more than any single tip I've heard. I don't agree with everything every financial educator says, but I do appreciate anything that encourages people to think for themselves and take responsibility. At nearly 79, I'm still learning. I don't think learning has an expiration date. If there's one thought I'd leave you with, it's this: Instead of asking only what you can earn or buy, ask yourself what you can build. A skill, a business, a blog, a better habit. That might become one of the most valuable assets you own. For me, one of the videos that sparked this line of thinking was by Dan Martell. I've included a link below if you're curious. I'd also genuinely enjoy hearing from you. What channels, books, or life experiences have shifted your perspective? 




Later

No comments: