Yes, Craig. The strongest topic is your effort to find out who was actually doing the work on your debt. Here’s a draft you can paste into Blogger.
I haven’t written a blog for a while, but that doesn’t mean nothing has been happening. Sometimes everyday problems keep you busy enough that you don’t get around to writing about them.
I spent two days talking to two debt relief companies, Aspire Law Group and Elevate Financial, trying to figure out who was doing what. I had ended up signed up with both of them. That was confusing enough, but then both were telling me they had made payments toward the same account.
I wanted a simple answer: Who had actually arranged the settlement and made the payments?
Getting that answer took more telephone calls than I expected. There were letters and explanations, but some of the paperwork didn’t clearly identify the company involved. When two companies tell you they did the same work, how do you know which one to believe?
After going through it, I felt satisfied that Elevate had shown me evidence of the settlement and payments. I canceled Aspire and stayed with Elevate for now. I’m still waiting for paperwork, and I may decide to finish with Elevate too.
Looking back, I question whether I needed either program in the first place. I might have been better off contacting the creditors myself from the beginning. I hope I made the right decision this time, but I’m still sorting things out.
Meanwhile, my old laptop, number 11, is giving me another kind of trouble. It has very little memory. Debian is installed, but I’ve been trying to get antiX running, hoping it would work better. Several attempts have gotten close, then failed or stopped. I may try something else, but I haven’t decided what yet.
Between the telephone calls and that stubborn little computer, I’ve had plenty to keep me occupied.
For now, I’m glad to have the debt situation a little clearer. It took two days of asking questions, but at least I feel I have a better idea of who I’m dealing with.
No comments:
Post a Comment