Saturday, July 11, 2009

Getting old laptops to work


It's a lazy Saturday, downloading updates, at Bookends and Beans.
I got two Thinkpads working last night. I've been loading Suse Linux and then downloading updates at my favorite coffee shop.
Alice was here and we talked about reading another book, together. We are both into spiritual books. She, more than I am. I've been drifting away from spirituality. I'm beginning to think that religion really is the opiate of the masses. You see it abused in Iran and the U.S. as well.
I pretty much decided to quit dowsing for the lottery number. Alice pointed out to me that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, is a sign of insanity. I think she quoted Einstein. She has a point. Since she was the only person I know, who reads my blog, I had to listen to her.
I think I'll cut it a little short today. Bookends is getting ready to close and I haven't downloaded my email yet.
I uploaded a picture of the Upper Iowa River from Phelphs Park.

No comments: