Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm Back

I'm sorry that it has been so long since the last time I posted a blog. I have no excuse, I'm just being lazy.
Not too much has been happening. Jim told me how much he wants for his land ($25,000). I would have to come up with $6,000 for a down payment and closing costs. In a year or so I could do it.
I'm just wondering if it's worth it. If the book "Aftershock" is accurate, real estate prices will be down to 30% of what they are now in a year or two. Maybe I should just be patient and wait for the prices to come down. I would like to have a survivalist homestead for the depression or hyper-inflation (whichever we are stuck with).
I'm a bit lazy to really look forward to having my own garden and animals, but if that is what it will take to survive, so be it.
I need to get over to Lansing or Harper's Ferry and price mobile homes on the river. It might be that I could find a reasonably priced house right on the river. That way if I have to fish for food I could throw a line right out of my living room window. I'm thinking that the river would provide plenty of food for a long period of time.
I've been buying a lot of silver and gold. I'm giving up on that for a while. I need my money for buying camping supplies and food. If I don't pay Jim for his land I'll have a lot more money for survivalist things. About all that I really need is a tent and some propane bottles.
Talking about the collapse of the economy, the Dow sold off by over 200 points, today. Gold went up pretty strong. I think others are looking at things like I do. I'm not the only one who expects things to fall apart. Ammunition is still hard to come by, especially .22 long rifle. I go by Wal-Mart looking for ammo every few days. It's getting better but they are still pretty much sold out. Maybe the downturn in the stock market is due to the anticipated "tapering" of quanative easing. In layman's terms that means that they might not be printing as much money to keep interest rates down. Of course, that might be just the thing that starts the collapse. Only time will tell.
Saturday,I'm going treasure hunting. There was a treasure lost, not to far from here in the 1930's. A kidnapping gone bad resulted in the ransom being lost just off of a rural road. I'm going to try dowsing for it. I'll have to walk 10 miles or so but I believe in dowsing so I feel that it's worth a shot.
My keyboard ran out of power so I shut down in the middle of things for a while. I'm back home, using the desktop. That reminds me, the fan on my desktop is starting to make a grinding noise. I'll have to replace the power supply soon. That is a pain in the butt. I might just buy another desktop from Luther and use the old hard drive. I could use the new hard drive as a backup. They are no more than $90 for another desktop, there. I'll have to check their auction webpage.
I'm setting up a fund-raising program at work called Sumac. Today, I started copying contacts from our contact list into it. We're using the free trial version. It turned out that the thing that makes it a trial version is that it only lets you have 100 contacts. Tomorrow we'll see if we spring for the full version and load the rest of the 450 contacts. It's something to do. That place gets a little boring, most of the time.
Just for fun I think I'll show you the two Childer's etchings that I have for sale on Ebay, right now.


The train is named "Talkin Durango Flues" I forget what the other one is named; but they can both be found by doing a search of Malcolm Childers on Ebay. I'm only asking $100 to start the bidding. I feel confident that someone will make a bid. I have happy buyers in Spain, Falls Church, VA and Reno, NV.
Later
Craig

No comments: