Here are some of the points I made:
- I felt that the currency was about to collapse and gold would be the only thing worth anything.
- I could accumulate gold and not declare it on taxes.
- I would be able to live on the claims that I have a right to be on.
- I bought a membership to a club that has the rights to mine gold on over 60 claims in Northern California.
- I bought a motor home so I could live comfortably in California.
- Buying the membership; it's too expensive and I didn't use the mentoring help that it promised.
- Buying the motor home. I never did get it running and it's too expensive anyway.
- Living in Yreka; it's too far from the gold fields and I ended up renting an apartment that I couldn't afford.
- I didn't get out to the claims enough. I wasn't expecting the 110 degree heat and the hard work.
- I was just too broke to make it work, last year. I still am too broke.
- I spent a lot of time going to Ashland, OR and spending money at the Starbucks.