Wednesday, October 5, 2016

I'm Losing my Job a bit Early

I was hoping to hang on to my job at Seed Savers until the end of October. At the end of November I should be able to make a lot of money, shoveling snow.
I asked the boss about how much longer I could hope to stay on and he said a couple of days.
We're almost done packaging garlic and I'm too old and infirm to work in the fields. I have a hard time stooping over and actually picking fruits and vegetables. I get winded and my large belly gets in the way. If I could work in the fields I could extend the job for a couple of more weeks.
I'm taking a day off tomorrow to talk with my counselor at the VA. After that I'll look for a new job.
I've got trouble with my banks. I had a series of overdrafts at one of them over the weekend. I checked my balance before I bought anything but the online account was misleading. Now my other account will be giving me an overdraft for an automatic payment of car insurace. I can't get ahead of my finances. I've got too many credit cards and loans outstanding.
I'm thinking about giving up on fixing old laptop computers. I spend too much doing that and I can't get them sold; I have to give them away. I consider it to be a form of tithing but I can't afford it; maybe I could find someone to pay for the parts. I'll ask Joan Nelson if she knows someone who would help me with that.
Well, I'm listening to Tom at the piano at Java Johns. He's a lot better than the guy they had here last night. I think I'll sign off.
Later.

No comments: