Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rainy day at Java Johns

It's a rainy day in Decorah. I'm  at Java Johns with not much to do. It's Sunday and I've done my ice scraping. Marty's house had some deep ice. It melted from the snow and built up rather deeply. I needed to at least try to get rid of it before the people went to church. I put some salt on it early in the morning but apparently the Methodists start their services at 9:00 in the morning. I was a bit late for them.
The job is coming through. I have to sign some papers tomorrow, and then there is an interview on Wednesday. I'll be working at the Peace and Justice Center. Since it's a government grant I have to avoid politics and religion. I don't know how that will work out. I'm looking forward to having a little extra money.
I'm still buying old laptops. I'll have 3 Ibook g4s working by Wednesday. I'm waiting for the displays. One will be missing the cd player but the others will both be running Macintosh 10.5.8 for the operating system. I think I'll sell one to Mary for her sound system. I'm trying to get a bluetooth sound system going at Java Johns. I need to find speakers for it but I think one of my old laptops will do just fine for streaming audio from the internet.
Selling the etchings is slowing down. I wasn't able to sell the last two. One, I decided to keep and frame.   I am going to try to sell it at Java Johns. I've got 3 on display there, now. I'll swap one and hang one on my wall. While I'm at it I might as well lower my price. I've been asking $1000 for the expensive ones. I think I'll lower the prices to $500. It's a depression, after all. Anyway, I might as well post the one that I am getting framed.roadsongs.com. I couldn't get the image to upload so I linked to Malcolm's website. The etching I'm trying to sell now is 'Frenchy's Flathead Flyer" which is the first image in Malcolm's website. I've got 2 of these. One is framed and is on display at Java John's. The other is at home waiting to be sent out to a buyer. The other etching, which I'm having framed is "Back to Nature" I didn't get it sold. Well, that's all for now. I'm meeting Gary at the Co-op. Maybe I'll go to LaCrosse today.
Later.

No comments: