Saturday, April 9, 2016

I got out from under my worst loan

To get back from California, I borrowed almost $4000 at around 100% interest. That loan was killing me.
I got it paid off by borrowing against my van. I now owe over $5,000 on the van but it's at 12% so I'm saving over $200/month.
I was able to use my new job as more income against my loan; that made it possible to get the loan.
I feel much better, now. I was worried about what I would do if my income went down and I didn't have the money to pay the loans and credit cards.
The next step is to pay off credit cards and maybe get loans to do that at a lower interest rate. I'm hoping for something around 11% which would be better than the 20+% that I've been paying.
I think I'll just pay off my First Premier card. It has a bad reputation for extra charges.
The next thing I'll do is to pay off my credit cards with low interest loans. In the next 6 months or so I should be in a lot better shape, financially.
Later,


No comments: