Sunday, April 12, 2015

Thoughts on Financing my Move to California

I recently received a pre-approved loan application in the mail for $5,000. It's at a high interest rate; but for the following reasons, I might take them up.
Apple Watches are selling out. Even the solid gold ones are selling faster than Apple can keep up. This should drive gold prices up, sharply.
I could not only use the money for the move but I could buy options for gold and crude oil. If I'm right about those I could generate plenty of money for the move.
Of course, I've never made any money on my other "get rich quick" schemes. A lot of times things start of like gang-busters but I always lose everything in a month or two.
It's kind of like my buying 'junk drawers" on Ebay. I always think that the seller overlooked a gold coin and is accidentally trying to sell something of great value.
It always turns out that it is a silver colored coin that was photographed in a yellow light. I guess that I meet Einstein's definition of insane because I keep doing the same thing and expect a different result.
The last time, I saw a picture of a coin that was in a bevel (a ring the enables the coin to be hung from a chain). It looked like a British Sovereign. I even had the date right. It turned out to be a half-penny from the same time period. One time, I saw a gold colored coin that I took to be a 1/10 ounce gold coin. It was a Hong Kong nickel. I never learn from my mistakes.
There is a good case to be made for staying here and getting a job. In another year I would have 2 loans paid off. That would free up about $450/month. Maybe I could make enough money to make the move quicker if I had a job.
Well, I've got to get busy trying to sell the etchings. Selling those would free up a lot of money and make the move much more possible.
Later

No comments: