Saturday, February 17, 2018

Snow Day

I made some money, shoveling snow today. It didn't really snow that much but it kept at it; so at one of my places I had to shovel twice.
I figure I made about $70. Which was much needed.
I'm still working on my crypto mining farm. I've gotten 8 machines mining with their CPUs.
It would be better to use graphics cards but I'm just not that far advanced, yet. Every time I plug an additional graphics card in my monitor goes blank. I guess the new card takes over the image and it disables the on-board graphics.
I ordered an adapter for the video from China. I hope it gets here soon.
I'll also have to have appropriate software for mining. I can download something for Linux for free and I'll do that next week. I suspect that I'll need some sort of wiring adapters as well. We'll see.
I was surprised to see that people are using laptops for graphics card mining. It'll cost $100 or so to make that work but it should be worth it.
I just hope I don't end up getting into trouble for using too much electricity. My electricity is included as part of the rent and I don't want to mess with that.
By the way, I'm on Steemit, now. In my first two postings I've made over $2.00. It's taken me 5 or 6 years to make $10 on Blogger. And I have to wait until I have over $100 here to actually withdraw it.
I think I'll just transfer to Steemit and I like the idea of getting paid in crypto currency, as well.
The only machine I haven't been able to get to work says that it's limiting the memory to 256 meg. Nick said that maybe the machine is so old that it can only use 256 meg.
I don't know. I think I may simply have the wrong ram modules in it.
I can't tell much about this machine. I think it was assembled at a local computer shop. Maybe the motherboard ill have a name on it. That would help. If I can tell which motherboard it is, I should be  able to find out what kind of ram it takes. I'll do that tomorrow. It's late now so I think I'll call it a day.
Later


No comments: