Monday, September 7, 2015

Dug Up a Beer Can

I went back to the spot on the claim on the South side of the claim. I was digging there last week. I still had a signal even though I went down over a foot through rocks.
I finally found a beer can. It turned out that my metal detector was seeing a target that was actually to the right of where I was digging. There is probably something wrong with the head of the detector. Maybe it's just my inexperience.
I think I'll give up on the claims on the Upper Klamath River. I think I'm more likely to find gold near Happy  Camp which is about 1 1/2 hours away from here. The big reason I'm here in Yreka is that there is a Christian Science Church here.
I'm not finding any gold. I have to go where people are actually finding it.
At least I'm doing a better job of actually finding my targets and I'm getting around the river banks and hills better than I was.
I think the real reason that I'm doing so badly physically is that I'm carrying about 50 extra pounds in the form of a big belly. I've let myself go physically and now I'm paying for it. I don't know of any way to lose it quickly so I'll just have to live with it for a while.
That's all for now. The Chinese stock market is down.
Later,

No comments: