Thursday, December 29, 2016

I'm Applying for Social Work jobs.

I applied for a skills trainer job today at a place called Opportunity Homes. I've applied there several times, before.
It's working with people with mental disabilities. I guess I would be a glorified babysitter. Oh well, it's a job and it simply isn't snowing enough for me to make my bills with snow shoveling.
I borrowed some money today to buy a Bitcoin. I'll trade it on margin so I should be able to make a lot of money if it keeps going up. It tripled in the last 6 months or so and I don't see any reason to think it won't continue. I feel that the reason it's going up is that Bitcoin is acting as the last "safe haven" for the currency collapse. People in India and China are buying Bitcoins heavily, now. I expect that to happen with the dollar as well.
I sent in a "pre-approved" application for another credit card, today. I don't like getting even deeper into debt but I don't see much choice. If the Bitcoin continues to go up, there might be a way out.
I was tempted to invest in gold mining options but that market is so manipulated that I avoided it. Bitcoin, at least, has the appearance of being a fair market. Nothing else does, anymore.
If I can get a full-time job I may be able to get out of debt. The trip to California really crippled me financially.
I'm not making any progress on buying an acreage or starting a prepper store. It's all I can do to keep my head above water, financially.
If I could live on my acreage or live in the store, I could get out of the apartment rent. That would help make it all doable.
Well, Tom is getting ready for some live music at Java John's. I think I'll sign off and listen.
Later.

No comments: