Tuesday, March 14, 2017

So, Will the World's Economy Collapse Tomorrow?

If you are into watching the gloom and doomers on YouTube (and I am) the world's economy will probably collapse tomorrow. That is based on the combination of an interest rate hike (by the Federal Reserve) and the debt ceiling. 
People are saying that the combination signal the end of the world's economy. I'll be pacing the floor tonight.
I'm afraid that thinking like this is influencing my job search. I'm not getting spiffed up when I go looking for work. I'm unshaven and wearing dirty clothes. I've given up. There just don't seem to be any jobs any more. 
I told Lori at Manpower to put me in for the telemarketing job in Monona. It's about a 40 minute drive from here and I hate telemarketing. I just have to take any job that is available. 
I'm overdrawn by $115 at the credit union. Nobody is paying me the money that they owe me, and there isn't enough snow to make serious money shoveling it. I have to do something. 
I've been thinking about it and I feel that I'm in a debt trap. I have to borrow money at high interest rates in order to pay my credit cards and debt. There is never anything to save or get out of debt. The only way to keep above water is to work and collect Social Security as well. 
If I can hold on to a job for a couple of years maybe I can get to a point where I can buy a trailer and some land. 
I don't see any way to prepare for the collapse. I just don't have the money and I never will. 
I keep grabbing for straws. I keep buying options on silver in the hopes that I will make a fortune by betting against the economy. 
I also listen to all sorts of things on the internet about positive thinking. One of my favorite sites is T. Harv Eker; I also like to listen to a guy named Kyosaki.
I also get books; the last one was "The Nine Things You Must Do". It was good but nothing changes the reality that everything I've ever done has ended up with me in the depths of despair and hopelessness. 
I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself because I'll be telemarketing, next week; if I'm lucky. 
If I don't get a job soon I don't know what I'll do. If the world's economy collapses tomorrow that may not matter much. 
On that dour note I think I'll sign off.
Later

No comments: