Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Help me Decide.

Lately, I've been talking about buying land and a trailer.
I feel that I will have to get one or the other and wait for a few years to get the other. I just don't have the financial means to do both.
Today I'm going to list the pros and cons of both and try (with your help) to decide which way to go.
I'll start with buying land:
Pros

  1. I should be able to find someone who'll write the mortgage so I won't have to go through the loan approval process. That will require a lot of searching around but I have all the time in the world. 
  2. I would be able to have a garden and hunt and target shoot on it. 
  3. I could set up a tent or build a primitive structure on it without costing too much. 
  4. I would be looking for something near the river (Mississippi) so I could fish a lot. 
  5. When I get a trailer I could park it there for free.
Cons
  1. It would be years before I could actually live on it; I would have to be making payments until then. 
  2. I might be buying at a high since I feel the economy will collapse soon. 
I'm already leaning towards buying a trailer first.
Pros
  1. I would be mobile; If I wanted to I could take off and pan for gold or something. 
  2. It would be good for bugging out if it comes to that. 
  3. I could move it to someplace that had more jobs for me than Decorah has. 
Cons
  1. I would have to pay someone to store it until I either moved into a trailer park or my own land. 
  2. I would have to pay insurance since it would be financed.
Well, If you have anything to add to this just write a comment. 
Thanks

No comments: