Saturday, September 20, 2014

500,000 Ebola cases by January?

Bloomberg came out with a ,worst-case, scenario of over 500,000 Ebola cases by January. I feel that their projections are more accurate than any thing else I've seen.
They are including the fact that the numbers that are in common usage are obviously low, since nobody is getting a good count. They are also figuring in a doubling of the numbers every 20 or so days.
Last week I was calculating about a 160,000 number by January. I was using the official numbers and figuring that it doubled every month.
I think Bloomberg's numbers are more accurate than mine. This moves things up a bunch.
I'll have to get my bug out vehicle running and get moved to the wilderness quicker than I was thinking.
I got my refrigerator last week. It's ready to install.
I want to get my fuel gauges fixed and get the transmission worked on.
I'll also need what is called a dolly to tow my van behind the motor home.
That will set me back about $400. Hopefully that will be my biggest expense.
I don't expect to leave before we get 50,000 cases of Ebola in the United States.
I don't know how long that will take. I figure that when the cases get over 50,000 that the American health care system will be overwhelmed.
I'm picking up this post after being away for a few hours.
It looks like the CDC is behind the new worst-case scenario. That was the way the Huffington Post reports it. It is based on unreleased numbers but I think it will be official, soon.
At least someone in the U.S. is taking this thing seriously.
Later


No comments: