Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ebola in America, I've got to Comment

Well, the first case of Ebola that wasn't flown in on a special plane arrived in Dallas.
Actually it's happening a little sooner than I expected.
I suspect that people in Africa who feel a little woozy are spending their last dollar to get to the United States (where there is better health care).
If that is the case we'll see a lot of cases pretty soon. Every time someone gets sick and they have airfare and a passport they will run off to the good old U.S.A.
If I'm right the outbreak will get here a lot faster than I thought.
Tomorrow I'll see about getting some surgical masks and rubber gloves. I guess I'll need a spray bottle for chlorine as well. I won't start using this stuff yet but it's a good idea to have the basic supplies well ahead of the crowds.
I might have to bug out in the middle of Winter. I'll go to Arizona if I do. The "New 49ers" have mining claims in Arizona where I'll be able to isolate myself.
I think I'll be able to get my motor home ready to go within a month. I could actually drive it out right now, but I would like to get the lights in the living compartment working. I also don't know if the hot water heater and the furnace work.
The numbers of new Ebola cases seems to be leveling off a bit. At least they don't seem to be rising at the rate that I was used to. Maybe it's wishful thinking, on my part. The last that I heard the number of cases was about 6500 with slightly more than a 50% death rate.
Maybe the reality is that the numbers are distorted by not being able to get to the places where the sick people are. One of the problems is that the people doing the counting are dying as well.
I believe it was Sierra Leone that is quarantining 30% of it's population. I hope that works out well for them. I'm afraid that it will only cause deaths due to starvation. Those people simply don't have any good choices, any more. I don't know if any of us do have any good choices.
On a lighter topic, I'm thinking about buying silver on a leveraged basis. That means I'm thinking about gambling again. If that guy whose last name is Organ is right; silver should go through the roof this coming December. If it goes up 5 fold and I'm leveraged 4 to 1, a thousand dollars could become 20 thousand dollars. That would certainly finance my trip to Arizona or California. Of course, this is the same kind of thinking that has lead me down the road of poverty all of my life. I always lose.
Maybe this time I can get some one else to put up the money. Gary is my only hope.
I'll have to research it and make it happen. Maybe I could use my etchings for collateral.
Later

No comments: